Thursday, August 28, 2008

Move to Snowflake


Okay, I am going to give blogging a try. The girls in Cottonwood think it is awesome, so here goes.
The Trezise family is getting used to our new digs here in Snowflake, AZ. I was pretty sure I knew all about small town life after living in Cottonwood, but I was mistaken. Cottonwood is a bustling metropolis compared to sleepy Snowflake. During my first trip to the local grocer (Ed's), I pulled into a parking spot right next to--I am not kidding--a horse! No one else so much as glanced at the parked horse, so I assume this is a common occurance. Question. Just how you get your groceries home while riding a horse? Perhaps you tie your bags to the tail. Hmmm.
The house we are renting is nice. It has three bedrooms with a small room off the kitchen that my sister Erin is using as her room. It has a large backyard complete with grass, huge shade trees, a swing set, and a tree house. My kids are in heaven. The people here are very friendly. We pulled up to the house the first day, and before we were even out of the car, three neighborhood families were unloading our stuff. It was done in less than an hour and someone had dinner in the fridge. It was a wonderful way to start our stay here. We sure miss all of our Cottonwood family and friends. We hope to hear from all of you now that we have entered the 21st century and are using the internet.

4 comments:

mikegordonfamilyblog@blogspot.com said...

Yay! Welcome to the world of blogging! I am glad to here you are getting settled in.

mikegordonfamilyblog@blogspot.com said...

I am glad to hear you are getting settled! Yay! Welcome to the world of blogging. I am happy that I can keep tabs on you now.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're doing a blog so that way we can still keep in touch with your family! You'll love it, its fast, easy, and such a good way to journal and scrapbook!

allison said...

it was fun seeing you the other day. i was curious... so, thought i'd take a glimpse into your new life. it sounds great. three cheers for mormon hospitality. you are a natural blogger. what took you so long! ;)