Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tree Lighting and Santa

Snowflake has an annual tree lighting ceremony and Santa visit on December 1st every year. So we braved the cold, and headed out. I took one for the team, and showed up early to get in line for Santa. I was there at 5:30. Santa was scheduled to start seeing kids at 6 PM. At 6:40, he made an appearance. I had a pretty decent place in line, but it was still 7:45 before we made it up to see him. The kids were really good though, and we only heard complaints about the cold for the last 10 minutes or so. Except Avery, who whined on and off for most of the time.






Waiting, Patiently (most of us)

Tristan is afraid of Santa (because Santa is a boy), and wrote his letter this year to Mrs. Clause to avoid scary contact. I was afraid he would not do well with the jolly guy, but he jumped right up on his lap, asked for a vacuum (again-he wanted that last year too), and said thank you for his candy bag. Landon asked for 2 Bakugon balls, and Avery would have nothing to do with the whole thing. (She did let me know that she wants Santa to bring here a cupcake.) I managed a single group shot, and you can see that Avery is thrilled!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the post!! Super cute...