Monday, March 1, 2010

HapPY bIRtHdAY, TriStaN!!!



On January 11th, Tristan turned 4. He has been waiting for the "big 4" for quite sometime, so he was super excited to make it official. Tristan wanted to spend his birthday in the Valley with his cousin, Jaxon and his Aunties and Uncles and Grandma Ann, so we spent the day at Jungle Jim's Playhouse. It was a lot of fun! We all had a great time celebrating Tristan's day.

10 Facts About Tristan
1. T-Bird is a procrastinator extraordinaire. If you ask him to get dressed and to get his shoes on, expect to see him undressed and shoeless at least three times before he finally gets around to his task.
2. Tristan loves to play outside! He could spend hours digging in the dirt, climbing trees, and looking for bugs.
3. He loves to get new stuff. And by new stuff, I don't mean just toys and fun things. It makes his whole day to get a new tooth brush or to pick out new socks. New shampoo makes shower time fun for a whole week!
4. Tristan is super shy. He never did adjust to nursery, and still has a hard time going to Primary, even though Dad is the primary chorister and goes with him. I worry that we will still have to pry our hands away and hand him a kleenex when he heads off to college.
5. Despite being shy, he is very friendly. He makes friends with everyone! I have never seen him fight with another child.



6. Tristan is the messiest kid I have ever met. I am grateful that he is washable!! There are often times when it is easier to chuck his clothing than to try to get it clean again.
7. T-Bird is a snacker. He would graze all day on anything and everything. He isn't picky, just perpetually hungry. To look at him, you would think he never gets fed, but at the rate he's going, we may have to take out a loan to feed him during his teenage years.
8. Tristan loves to sing. He can memorize songs nearly as quickly as he hears them. He loves to sing primary songs, and I love to listen to him sing along to the radio in the car.
9. He loves being a brother. He enjoys playing legos with Landon and house with Avery. I can always count on him to play nicely.
10. Tristan is a cuddler. When he wakes up in the morning, he climbs in bed with Will and I, and he always finds a warm body to sit next to when he is watching TV.



So, Happy Birthday, Tristan!! We are excited you are 4, and we hope that this year is everything you hoped for and more!

0 comments: