Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mommy's Helper

I was feeding Sawyer several days ago. I had a hundred things going on this particular day, so I was giving him a bite or two, and cleaning up a few things in between. Being the AWESOME baby that he is, Sawyer was tolerating this arrangement rather well. (Thinking back, I have total 'mom guilt' for not paying 100% attention to the poor little guy. *sigh*) Anyway, I turned around from one of my tasks to find Miss A filling in for me at the highchair. Thanks, Sis!

I cannot describe how cute Avery was with Sawyer! She would give him a bite, and then help herself to a bite. All the while she was talking to him in this high-pitched, sing-songy voice. At one point, some yogurt wound up on the tip of Sawyer's nose. Avery tried to use the very tip of the spoon to scrape this teeny bit of yogurt off his nose. There was all this yogurt around his mouth, but Avery was determined to get the speck off his nose. Meanwhile, Sawyer, thinking she was giving him another bite, was attacking the spoon. It was the cutest thing, EVER! Moments like this are what moms treasure.

0 comments: