Saturday, December 20, 2008

HApPy AnNivERsArY, WiLL!

I cannot believe it has been six years since I married the man of my dreams, for time and all eternity. This post is a huge shout out to him because he is awesome and deserves it!

Will and I met in the fall of 2000, while attending Eastern Arizona College in Thatcher, AZ. We had several classes together, including our CNA class. He was pre-med and I was in the nursing program. (Now he's a banker, and I am a SAHM-glad we forked out the dough for those college classes :)) We really got to know each other during our clinicals each Saturday. He had this patient he was working with, named Red. Red was a horny, old man, and he made no bones about it. Will needed help changing Red, so he asked me. Later, I questioned why, out of all the people in our class, he asked me to help with horny, old Red. He said he knew I was the only one who would say yes to help with such a mess. So in I went, Red hit on me, we cleaned him up, and the rest, they say, is history! Not a romantic way to claim as the start to a relationship, but after watching him with Red, I knew he could change any kid, no excuses! I was hooked!
We were married on December 20th, 2002 in the Mesa, AZ temple. I moved him to Cottonwood, and we have been busy over the last six years adding to our family. Will is an only child, and when we first met, he told me he wanted one, maybe two, children. Well, we have three, and are thinking of a fourth, so I guess you could say he has stretched himself! He is a wonderful husband and father, and we are blessed to have him as the father of our home. The best thing is, I love this time in our lives-all the cuddles, diapers, boo boos, laundry, laughter, cartoons, sippy cups, bedtimes, cribs, car seats, and messes. But I am also looking forward to our time together after all the kid stuff. He is my partner in this life and beyond. My worst day with Will is still better than my best day without him. Eternity does not seem long enough, and I want to thank him for the person he is, the person he is trying to become, and the life we are building together! These first six years have been a dream, and I am looking forward to many, many more


A little background on the picture I included in this post. It is my absolute favorite! I was sick, and we were in the middle of a home remodel. There was quite a bit of dust after some work had been done the previous evening. Anyone who knows me, knows that the mess was driving me to drink (caffeine)! Will tucked me into bed, took the kids, and cleaned up the mess, like a pro-without complaint! Avery was being a pooper, so he strapped her into her front pack and vacuumed away. How is that for complete love and devotion? This will always be one of my fondest memories. Walking out and seeing my sweet husband, hauling around our fussy baby, and vacuuming up a mess that would return that evening with the workers-just to appease his wife and her psycho cleaning habits.

1 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh that picture is THE BEST!!! And pretty much sums up how nice Will is!!! You got a great guy & you guys make the perfect couple!! Congrats!! (we just celebrated 11 yrs on the 19th...you must've gotten married between semesters like us =)