Wednesday, October 1, 2008

6 Quirks

You can all thank my cousin Amber for this post. She was tagged, and returned the favor to all of her fellow, family bloggers. (Can't wait to read about Alisha, Heather, Jenny, and Erin!) So each of you are privileged to read about 6 of my not-so-glamorous quirks. The problem I have is limiting my list to 6! The older I get, the quirkier I become.

1. Here goes...I hide the good snacks from the kids. I know, this is lowdown, and I have always felt guilty about it. I just don't think they grasp the wonderful goodness of Nilla Cakesters or frozen Ding Dongs. Their underdeveloped taste buds can barely differentiate mud from chocolate, so I feel it is best that certain snack foods be consumed only by an appreciating connoisseur.

2. I throw away loose change (only pennies). Cringe. But they are annoying. That is the best excuse I can come up with. Will has seen me do it and is convinced that this is a federal offense of some sort. Given his profession, I think he is being especially sensitive. In an attempt to reform, I have begun throwing a few of these loose pennies on the ground in crowded places. I figure that it will make some small child's day to find some "monies" (as T-Bird refers to change) on the ground. It's a small step, but a step nonetheless.

3. I have been known to hold a grudge. Don't judge me. (I might decide to hold one against you) Mostly I hold them against those I hold near and dear. If, for example, Will should hurt my baby-tiny-tender feelings, it is not unusual to find me pouting about it several hours later. I can also expertly recall said offenses for many months (in near perfect detail) should this be helpful to me at any point.

4. I am a closet fan of Ghost Whisperer. Okay, I said it. Go ahead and laugh, but don't knock it until you have tried it. Melinda's husband it HOT!

5. I am stubborn. This is a trait that runs in our family, as some of you can attest to. I think that I am always right, and when it is proven otherwise, I would rather bite my tongue than admit it. I generally think that my opinion is the only opinion and therefore, I do not appreciate anyone sharing anything to the contrary. I must say that I am making great strides in this particular area, however. Landon was born with this same trait, and I have learned to let things slide for the better good of our home. I have met my match where Landon is concerned.

6. My most heinous quirk-I do not always brush my teeth before I go to bed. There are days when the fatigue of parenting has me falling into bed without a thought of dental hygiene. I try to make up for it in the morning by brushing longer, but I am sure that the sugar bugs (as I tell Landon and Tristan) have had a feast in my mouth on the nights when I neglect to utilize my toothbrush.

Whew, that was easier than I thought. Kinda therapeutic actually. I probably just saved myself years of therapeutic insight. Isn't the first step to recovery admitting you have a problem?

If you want to join in the free therapy group, here are the rules-
1.Link the person who tagged you. (I am going to be kind, if you want to be tagged, you are tagged. No pressure.)
2.Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell 6 unspectacular quirks about yourself
4. Tag some more people if you so desire.

Come on, get confessing. You know you want to.

3 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I don't think you have those quirks...so on your positives you should write that you are great at hiding them!!!! ha ha ha

Amber said...

Hello we are so related! I have all those too...I was too ashamed to admit that I throw pennies away! Girl were normal not quirky!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

haha--too funny! i love these posts because it's so fun to get to know people better. The pennies one is too funny. I would never throw them away, but I definitely DO NOT pick them up off of the ground (1 cent is not worth exposure to a million germs =).