19 years ago today, Erin Michele Willoughby joined the illustrious ranks of the Willoughby Sisters. She was a peanut, weighing less than 6 pounds, but her size never slowed her down. I remember vividly the day that Erin came home. I was so excited for yet another baby to love on. Jennifer one the other hand, saw a prime opportunity to establish her rank as the older sister. (She was only 15 months old when Erin was born) She kept walking up to poor Erin and poking her head (not gently) and saying "BABY", as if she were letting everyone know who was the youngest in the room.
Erin had a favorite dress when she was little. It was red, ruffled, and it was about 3 sizes too big. The attraction? It twirled! Really well! She wore it all the time. My Mom finally had to make a rule, no red dress at church. Other than for those three hours on Sunday, and as long as it wasn't in the washer, you could find the red dress on Erin. She walked around in it and her church shoes and twirled, blissfully.
When she was about 2, she decided that she did not want to be called Erin anymore. She insisted that we call her Honey. My Dad called my Mom "Honey", so it must have sounded like a lovely name to her. Luckily, she outgrew this, or I would be writing this birthday tribute about "Honey Willoughby."
When she was about 2, she decided that she did not want to be called Erin anymore. She insisted that we call her Honey. My Dad called my Mom "Honey", so it must have sounded like a lovely name to her. Luckily, she outgrew this, or I would be writing this birthday tribute about "Honey Willoughby."
10 Facts About Erin
1. Erin is a very talented artist. She has painted several pictures for members of the family, and each original is proudly displayed by the lucky recipient.
2. She is a picky eater. I am acutely aware of this when I serve dinner. I know she thinks I do not notice, but she always checks out her food prior to consumption to ensure there is nothing "yucky" in it. (How am I doing, Erin?)
3. She wants a puppy for her birthday. Preferably a small chihuahua. Don't we all go through this "I wanna puppy phase" before we realize how much work a dog is. A word of advice to you, Erin. Puppies are cute, but puppies become dogs. Dogs eat, and then poop, and then they want to eat again, and then poop again, and on and on this cycle goes. Guess who cleans the poo?
4. Erin has a huge heart. She fiercely loves all those who surround her, and will go above and beyond to defend them should the need arise.
5. She is one of the most non-judgmental people I know. She loves you, no matter what.
6. Erin could live off of Ramen noodles.
6. Erin could live off of Ramen noodles.
7. Give Erin a book that interests her, and she will finish the sucker in two days, flat. She is also an excellent promoter of good literature. She would make a great publicist.
8. Erin can text like nobody's business.
9. Erin is the lone fashionista in our family. (My apologies if this is a surprise to any of my other sisters, who may think they are hip in the fashion sense.) Erin in cool. The rest of us try hard, but...I will admit however, that I am the most challenged of the Willoughby sisters in this area. Erin is the trend setter, and the rest of us follow. Okay, I am getting too old to follow. I fell of the fashion train in 2nd grade and have been running to get back on ever since. I am tired of running. At least Jennifer and Heather still ride the train, even if it is the caboose. (Love you JBB and Hodo)
10. Erin has high aspirations. When she grows up, she wants to do one of two things. Cure cancer or work as an ice cream sampler.

Happy 19th Birthday, Erin! Thanks for sharing so much of yourself with our family! You are awesome and we love you!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Erin-I love seeing your smile..it is like it is just for me!
Aww--what a sweet post! Beautiful pics too, you girls are all such beauties!
Post a Comment