On Saturday, we went with Jenny (my lil' sis), Heather (another lil' sis), Preston (BIL), Jaxon (nephew), and Jared (Will's cousin) to the Phoenix Zoo. Jared used to work there, so he had the hook-ups! (free admission for all, complimentary stroller, behind the scenes animal meet and greet, half priced food, and a no-fee sting ray visit)
First things first, we ate lunch. Priorities. While the adults were finishing up, the kids ran a few quality control tests on the stroller.
I was busy snapping away, when I heard my sister gasp. I looked up from the photo session to see this.
My son. Tristan. Going potty. Outside. For all to see. Nice. Will was much closer to the action than I was, so he ran over and I did what any other mother with a camera in her hand would have done. I took a picture.
After a little chat about why we don't go potty outside (what if a bug had bit your wee?), we went to check out a few animals, up close and personal. Poor animals.
We got to meet a slimy, brown tree frog, a spiky bearded dragon, a tiny box turtle, and a cute but pokey hedgehog. Jaxon (who is 2) was hilarious. For whatever reason, he was fine with the gross frog, the scary lizard, and the sharp hedgehog. The harmless baby turtle was another story. The dossier, Rachel brought it by and asked his if he wanted to touch it. "Ummmm, Nope." and he shrank back to the safety of his Dad's lap for remainder of the turtle's visit.
Jaxon did LOVE the hedgehog though! His desire to touch it was so great, they told him to sit on his hands. He sniffed it instead and declared that it smelled nice. Who knew?
0 comments:
Post a Comment