Tuesday, March 17, 2009

hAPpy BiRThDaY, WiLL!!!

St. Patrick's Day is near and dear to my heart, because that is the day that my forever friend, William Russell made his grand entrance. He was born in Provo, UT to Russell and Debra Trezise, and his birth was nothing short of a miracle. Doctors thought that Will had died in utero, and had induced his mother's labor. Surprise, surprise, he came out, alive and kicking! Even though I was not yet born, I consider this a miraculous event in my life, and I am grateful every day that he was born and that we found each other.
Any of you who know Will, know that he is the friendliest person you will ever meet. He has never found a person he doesn't like, and goes out of his way to help people. Will and I met in a CNA class at Eastern Arizona college. Every Saturday, for the first half of the semester, we had clinicals at a local nursing home. Will made friends with a grouchy man named Red. When everyone else rushed home at the end of our long shift, Will often stayed after to play checkers with Red. That was my first inkling that I might want to check this guy out! That, and the fact that he was one of two men in the class, and the other was 40ish and married!


10 Facts About Will

1. He loves sports! It doesn't matter what kind, as long as there is a ball and some level of physical activity. Not having been a sports fan myself, he has introduced me to the finer points of baseball, volleyball, and softball. He is still trying to interest me in football, but it is a tough sell.

2. He is allergic to the world! You name it, it makes him sneeze. When we got married, I had a cat. Bless his heart, he suffered through her presence in our home for nearly 6 years before she passed away.

3. Will loves all music, except country. I love music too, but especially country. The rule in our family is, "If you are driving, you pick the tuneage". On account of my tendency to get car sick (and the fact that our big family only fits in a minivan, and that is too, too uncool for him to drive), I do most of the driving. He tolerates my musical selection fairly well, and has even recently admitted that he likes Taylor Swift. I may suck him over to the country music dark side yet!

4. He is GREAT with kids! He loves all kids, and as many of my friends can attest, he can frequently be found holding or playing with other people's children. Kids just seem to gravitate toward him. He is a wonderful father to our own three children, and spends a lot of time playing, reading, wrestling, and coloring with them.



5. Will's side of the closet is bigger than mine. He has a third more drawer space, and owns twice as many shoes as I do. When we are packing to go somewhere, he always packs the most clothing, and requires more space in the suitcase than anyone else.

6. He is a good cook, and he loves to be in the kitchen whenever he gets a chance. He can also make a mean loaf of homemade bread! My lone complaint-he is the only person I know who can use every dish we own to make pork chops! I sure do love my messy man!




7. Will cannot fix, or clean a car to save his life! He tried to change his own oil once. I drove his car about three weeks later, and noticed it was making a horrible clanking noise. I asked him if he had noticed it. When he said yes, I asked how long it had been making the noise. "Oh, about 2 or 3 weeks. I keep turning up the radio to tune it out though." I popped the hood and discovered that he had not replaced the oil cap after the oil change, and was driving around with NO oil! The car survived, but he is no longer allowed to mess around under the hood.

8. He is the hardest worker I know. His grandfather once hooked him up to the plow when the horse was lame. No joke!



9. William has the biggest heart of anyone I know. And I am not just saying that because I am his wife. Homeless puppies, injured birds, and hurt kids manage to find him frequently. He helps them all, and wants to keep most!

10. He is the greatest friend, partner, confidant, and husband ever! He loves me and all my many short comings. He is tolerant, gentle, loving, patient, and kind. Will appreciates my role as a wife and mother, and pitches in in every aspect around the house. He will clean a potty, change a diaper, wipe a nose, and make a bed if it needs doing. I love, love, love him more than anything. I think I would have missed him, even if I had never met him!



So Happy 28th Birthday, Baby! We all love you and hope that this year rocks for you!

6 comments:

The Barton Family said...

Very sweet post! I hope Will has a great birthday. Sounds like you better make him an extra yummy cake for all his potty cleaning!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

You are a YOUNG un'!!!! Happy Birthday BRO!! I am sad you are not here so we could have our annual get-together of games!!!

Will and Dan are so similar sometimes it makes me laugh--with the shoes, t-shirt logos, taste of music and accidentally converting to their country wives music, and changing diapers and helping!!

Will IS one of the most tender people I know too. I think he IS GREAT! I always got your back--
Wanna play some softball?

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Willie T! Hope you had a fantastic day!

Elmo's World said...

I love my willie T. LOvE Him... Mom

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh what a sweet b-day tribute. Happy Birthday Will! Will is an awesome guy--and you deserve no less than that Tara! =) You guys are so cute together!

Anonymous said...

That is such a cool story, I had no idea that they thought he died in utero. I'm tellin ya, he is a miracle! We love Will too!