Friday, March 6, 2009

Your Gonna Miss This

Motherhood is full of sweet, treasured moments. The trick for me is to slow down enough to catch them. This is one of my treasures.

Landon has been very interested in becoming a grownup lately. At preschool this last week, they talked about what they wanted to be when they grew up. He said he wanted to be a detective so he could help people find things. Since then, he has been mulling over his "decision". He and I have had quite a few chats about the topic. Whenever I am cooking or working in the kitchen, he usually seizes the opportunity to come in and go over things. Today, he came in and leaned up against the fridge, and sighed. I asked him what was wrong, and she said he was just wondering what I thought he should be someday. I told him that he could be whatever he wanted to be, and that it was his very own choice.

(L) "You mean I get to choose?!"

(M) "Yep, that is what is cool about being a grownup. You get to choose your own job."

(L) "Wow!"

Then he was quiet.

(L) I think I want to grow up and take care of our family."

My heart literally melted. I know that he is growing up so very quickly, and adulthood will catch him before I know it. Whether detective, fireman, or caretaker, I am going to miss this time when he is all mine.

1 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I LOVE LANDON!!!! I can jsut envision his thinking face on saying this. I miss our days in primary where I was definetly enlightenend by Landon frequently. He is keeper!